The majority of consumers are interested in a great deal. This includes the average insurance shopper. For those savvy insurance shoppers searching for a great value on your auto policy, there are a few discount opportunities you should be aware of.
- Multi-policy discounts: If you have multiple vehicles and drivers to insure with a single insurance company, you may be eligible for a multi-policy discount through your insurance carrier. If you have a home and a car, or a car and a recreational automobile to insure and you do so with one company, you may also be eligible for multi-policy discounts.
- EFT discounts: Paying your insurance premiums directly from your bank account isn’t just an easy way to get your insurance policy paid, it’s a cost-effective too. You will have one less check to write each month and your insurance company may offer you a discount for doing so.
- Paid-in-full discounts: You can pay your Insurance policy premiums can be paid monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually. Insurance companies can earn more money on an annual premium paid-in-full at the start of the term and because of that, they often offer financial incentives for you to do so.
- Safe driving courses: Being a safe driver is vital to you and your family because it limits your risk of accident—but it’s also important to your insurance company for the same reason. When you take a safe driving course you not only gain the skills that allow you to become a better driver, but you also show your insurance company that you are serious about being one. This decreases the amount of claims you are likely to have and makes you a less expensive risk for auto insurance companies. How do they reward you? With a discount.
- Good student discounts: Insurance companies love to reward good behavior—because those clients who behave in that manner generally present less risk from an insurer’s perspective. High school students with good grades may find that their auto insurance company offers small discounts when they keep their GPA above a certain level.
When talking to your agent about insurance policy options, make sure to discuss all of the relevant discount opportunities and ask your agent about any other discount that he or she may know—after all, any discount is a good discount.
Call us at 800-530-5822 for more information about auto insurance or get a free Missouri Auto Insurance quote today.