I Need Insurance Today: Auto insurance, Liability, and
Full Coverage Illinois, Chicago, and Southern Illinois
Who needs auto insurance?
State laws typically say that as a driver, you either must have insurance, or be able to provide evidence that you have the financial resources to pay a judgment against you. If you should cause injury or damage to another person, an insurance policy is the easiest way to document that you can pay damages if you must. You also need auto insurance to protect yourself financially. If you or anyone, for whom you're responsible for, seriously injures another person, you can be held liable for the injured person's medical expenses, rehabilitative therapy, and long term nursing care, as well as for his or her lost earnings.
"I need insurance today"
If you need immediate coverage you will need to provide proof of your name, birth date and address, and the car´s VIN number. When shopping for coverage you should consider what it is you do for a living and the distance you drive from work and school. If you have other drivers in the household, they need to be insured as well.
Customers must decide if they want liability coverage or full coverage, which is mandatory if you owe any money on your car. Additional medical coverage is optional. You may not immediately think that you need towing or rental insurance but take some time to consider what you would do in the event of your car breaks down miles away from a shop. It will need to be towed, which is often charged by the mile. You´ll also need to pay for a rental car while it is being repaired.
What Liability insurance covers:
Bodily Injury - This covers any bodily injury to the other party. It will cover $20,000 per person & $40,000 per occurrence.
• Property Damage – This covers any property damage that you may have caused to the other party. It will cover $15,000 per occurrence.
• Uninsured Motorists – This pays you and passengers in the insured vehicle monetary damages to recover from bodily injury or death caused by an uninsured or hit-and-run motorist. It will cover $20,000 per person & $40,000 per occurrence. This is only for your bodily injury, not damage to your vehicle.
• Medical- You can also get Medical Payments with your Liability policy. This is an optional coverage, offered at the customers´ request. Medical payments will cover your medical coverage in the event you got hurt during a car accident.
What Full Coverage includes:
Collision – Pays for loss or damage to your vehicle caused by collision with another vehicle or object. Payments are made based upon actual cash value of the amount of each loss above the deductible amount.
• Comprehensive – Pays for loss or damage to your vehicle caused by fire, theft, vandalism, hail, windstorms, riots, falling objects, floods, etc. Payments are made based upon actual cash value of the amount of each loss above the deductible amount.
• Repair Deductible- You will have to pay a deductible to get your vehicle fixed. You pay your deductible and the Company will pay the rest. The higher your deductible is the less you will pay for insurance. You can go with a $1,000.00 or a $500.00 deductible.
• Rental- This coverage will reimburse the insured in the event they have to rent a vehicle due to their vehicle being in the shop due to an accident. Depending on the auto Insurance Company that they have, they will cover for so much for so many days.
• Towing- Coverage is also available as an optional coverage. This will reimburse the insured for so much if their vehicle had to get towed.
• Loss Payee / Lien Holder –The Bank or Financial Institution who the insured is financing their vehicle through will require to be listed on the insured´s physical damage policy. This is so that in the event something happens to the insured´s vehicle, it is considered a total loss and they get paid for the value of the car, less the deductible. They will apply check from the auto Insurance Company towards the insured´s loan balance and any remainder they will give to the insured.
Shopping for car insurance can be intimidating. Having a conversation with an expert who goes through this process hundreds of times a month can offer comfort and simplify things. Most people want to be responsible drivers and also save money. We will automatically quote our customers the state requirements unless they ask for the higher limits. To protect yourself and your car today, visit www.cloverleafins.com or call the Cloverleaf Insurance now at 1-800-530-5822.