Bloomington, IN Auto Insurance
Residents of Bloomington, IN live in one of southern Indiana’s principal cities and share a home with the flagship campus of the Indiana University system. The city is home to more than 85,000 residents, and over 40,000 college students add to that population, too.
Because the city is a regional population hub, traffic can get heavy. Still, even in normal driving conditions, accident risks could threaten any driver. Every motorist must have car insurance to protect themselves and their vehicles following wrecks or other problems. The dedicated agency team at Cloverleaf Insurance can make sure you get the perfect coverage.
Our staff fully understands the unique car insurance needs of individual drivers. Your coverage can balance your chosen coverage with Indiana's car insurance requirements to create matchless protection. We offer standard, nonstandard and SR-22 policies, and our comprehensive research and customer service process will help us pinpoint the right one for you.
Call us at (800) 530-5822 or fill out an online quote form to get started today!
Common Bloomington Car Insurance Questions
Car wrecks and various other hazards might damage the involved vehicles. They might harm drivers, passengers and pedestrians and cause everyone to face high recovery bills. Car insurance will help you pay for many of your recovery costs and reduce your personal cost burden. There are many perks that a single policy might provide:
- Comprehensive Coverage: If fire, wind, hail, theft, vandalism or similar incidents damage your car, then this coverage will compensate you for the damage.
- Collision Coverage: When you have a car wreck, this coverage pays for the cost of repairing your car. It can also help you buy a new car if you total the old one.
- Liability Coverage: As an at-fault insurance state, Indiana requires drivers who cause accidents to pay for the damage. Liability coverage can pay for bodily injuries or property damage the insured driver causes to third parties like other drivers.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: If you have a wreck and the other driver is at-fault, but they lack insurance to cover your losses, then this coverage can pay for your damage.
- Personal Injury Protection: If you get hurt in a wreck, this coverage can pay for losses like your medical bills, lost income and rehab costs for both you and your passengers.
By law, all Indiana drivers must carry at least the following coverage:
- $25,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person.
- $50,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident.
- $25,000 property damage liability coverage per accident.
Additionally, your policy will automatically include:
- $25,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage per person
- $50,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage per accident
- $25,000 uninsured motorist property damage coverage
- $50,000 underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage
You can choose to decline the uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage by letting your agent know. You also have the choice to increase your basic liability limits to offer you more protection.
Bloomington drivers usually pay about $1,400/year (~$115/month) for their car insurance. Since all policies are specific, then factors like your driving record, vehicle value, your age and address might all affect your premium. If you have an SR-22 penalty on your record or you need for a nonstandard policy, then you might have to pay more, too. Discounts and bundling options are available, too.
Of course, the amount and types of coverage you buy can also influence your rates. Still, you should not have to pay for essential coverage unfairly. Your Cloverleaf agent will work with you to decide on your precise policy needs so that you’ll never wind up with coverage you don’t need or can’t afford.