Evansville, IN Auto Insurance
Not only is Evansville the third-largest city in Indiana, but it’s also a commercial hub for southern Indiana, southeastern Illinois and northwestern Kentucky. The city’s multiple attractions also consistently rank it among the best small cities for families. It has all the amenities you need, without many of the challenges of large urban areas.
Driving hazards will always exist in this area because of the significant number of people who pass through it every day. You need a strong car insurance policy to go with you for this reason. Cloverleaf Insurance can help you get the perfect coverage for you and your vehicle.
As a committed team of insurance professionals, our staff can offer attentive, friendly services to anyone interested in auto insurance. We offer standard, nonstandard and SR-22 policies, and our comprehensive research process will help us pinpoint the right one for you.
Call us at (800) 530-5822 or fill out an online quote form to get started today!
Common Evansville Car Insurance Questions
Car insurance is not optional for Evansville drivers. However, if you are in the market for a policy, then you do have choices of the different types of coverage you might want to buy. These include:
- Comprehensive Coverage: If fire, wind, hail, theft, vandalism or similar incidents damage your car, then this coverage will compensate you for the damage.
- Collision Coverage: When you have a car wreck, this coverage pays for the cost of repairing your car. It can also help you buy a new car if you total the old one.
- Liability Coverage: As an at-fault insurance state, Indiana requires drivers who cause accidents to pay for the damage. Liability coverage can pay for bodily injuries or property damage the insured driver causes to third parties like other drivers.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: If you have a wreck and the other driver is at-fault, but they lack insurance to cover your losses, then this coverage can pay for your damage.
- Personal Injury Protection: If you get hurt in a wreck, this coverage can pay for losses like your medical bills, lost income and rehab costs for both you and your passengers.
By law, all Indiana drivers must carry at least the following coverage:
- $25,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person.
- $50,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident.
- $25,000 property damage liability coverage per accident.
Additionally, your policy will automatically include:
- $25,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage per person
- $50,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage per accident
- $25,000 uninsured motorist property damage coverage
- $50,000 underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage
You can choose to decline the uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage by letting your agent know. You also have the choice to increase your basic liability limits to offer you more protection.
Evansville auto insurance generally costs around $1,500/year, or $125/month. However, your driving record, vehicle value, age and address might all increase or decrease your rates. Driving penalties like SR-22s or the need for a nonstandard policy might also increase your rates.
Of course, the amount and type of coverage you buy can also influence your policy costs. That’s why your Cloverleaf agent will work closely with you to determine your precise coverage needs, so that you’ll never pay for coverage you don’t need and can’t afford.