Gary, IN Auto Insurance
Though Gary is Indiana’s ninth-largest city proper, it is in Indiana’s second most-populous county. Situated on the shores of Lake Michigan, the city is only about 25 miles from downtown Chicago, the city thrives as a principal suburb. Its large infrastructure system sees a lot of commuter, commercial and pleasure traffic, along with the accident risks that thousands of drivers bring.
The risk of having a wreck in and around Gary is just one of many reasons why every driver needs car insurance. A personalized policy will protect you and your vehicle from multiple driving risks. Cloverleaf Insurance can help you get coverage that will safeguard you anywhere.
We insure standard and non-standard drivers, including SR-22 recipients, and our agents fully understand that every driver needs a unique auto policy. Our all-inclusive customer service strategy will help us pinpoint the policy that offers every customer optimized protection at budget-friendly costs.
Call us at (800) 530-5822 or fill out an online quote form to get started today!
Common Gary Car Insurance Questions
Car insurance will offer you financial assistance if you have a car wreck or become the victim of another vehicle mishap. In one policy, you can often get different coverage that will provide tailored benefits to certain vehicle losses, injuries or other costs. Options include:
- Comprehensive Coverage: If fire, wind, hail, theft, vandalism or similar incidents damage your car, then this coverage will compensate you for the damage.
- Collision Coverage: When you have a car wreck, this coverage pays for the cost of repairing your car. It can also help you buy a new car if you total the old one.
- Liability Coverage: As an at-fault insurance state, Indiana requires drivers who cause accidents to pay for the damage. Liability coverage can pay for bodily injuries or property damage the insured driver causes to third parties like other drivers.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: If you have a wreck and the other driver is at-fault, but they lack insurance to cover your losses, then this coverage can pay for your damage.
- Personal Injury Protection: If you get hurt in a wreck, this coverage can pay for losses like your medical bills, lost income and rehab costs for both you and your passengers.
By law, all Indiana drivers must carry at least the following coverage:
- $25,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person.
- $50,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident.
- $25,000 property damage liability coverage per accident.
Additionally, your policy will automatically include:
- $25,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage per person
- $50,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage per accident
- $25,000 uninsured motorist property damage coverage
- $50,000 underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage
You can choose to decline the uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage by letting your agent know. You also have the choice to increase your basic liability limits to offer you more protection.
In Gary, the average auto insurance cost is about $2,200/year (~180/year). This is higher than the statewide average rate, but premiums also vary from driver to driver. Factors like your driving record, vehicle value, your age and address might all cause your rates to increase or decrease. If you have an SR-22 penalty on your record or if you need for a nonstandard policy, then you might have to pay more.
The amount and types of coverage you buy can also influence your rates. Still, you should not have to pay for essential and beneficial coverage unfairly. Your agent will work with you to decide on your precise policy needs. With us, you’ll never wind up with coverage you don’t need or can’t afford.