Indianapolis, IN Auto Insurance
Indianapolis is Indiana’s largest city and state capital and is located near the center of the state. These factors have made it a major attraction for businesses, cultural sites, major universities, families and traffic. The metropolitan area is now home to more than 2 million people.
As a result, the city has developed a significant infrastructure system. Four major interstates pass through the area, and the city limits contain more than 8,000 miles of streets. Driving risks are prevalent anywhere you go in the area, and you need to protect yourself with appropriate car insurance. Let Cloverleaf Insurance be your agency of choice for easy, affordable services.
To us, car insurance is personal, and we guarantee committed, guided assistance to every client at all times. We offer expert services for standard, non-standard and SR-22 customers and can help every client find the appropriate coverage for them.
Call us at (800) 530-5822 or fill out an online quote form to get started today!
Common Indianapolis Car Insurance Questions
Given the significant driving risks in the area, Indianapolis residents can benefit most by buying a policy that includes numerous types of coverage. Some of the protection you need might include:
- Comprehensive Coverage: If fire, wind, hail, theft, vandalism or similar incidents damage your car, then this coverage will compensate you for the damage.
- Collision Coverage: When you have a car wreck, this coverage pays for the cost of repairing your car. It can also help you buy a new car if you total the old one.
- Liability Coverage: As an at-fault insurance state, Indiana requires drivers who cause accidents to pay for the damage. Liability coverage can pay for bodily injuries or property damage the insured driver causes to third parties like other drivers.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: If you have a wreck and the other driver is at-fault, but they lack insurance to cover your losses, then this coverage can pay for your damage.
- Personal Injury Protection: If you get hurt in a wreck, this coverage can pay for losses like your medical bills, lost income and rehab costs for both you and your passengers.
By law, all Indiana drivers must carry at least the following coverage:
- $25,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person.
- $50,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident.
- $25,000 property damage liability coverage per accident.
Additionally, your policy will automatically include:
- $25,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage per person
- $50,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage per accident
- $25,000 uninsured motorist property damage coverage
- $50,000 underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage
You can choose to decline the uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage by letting your agent know. You also have the choice to increase your basic liability limits to offer you more protection.
The average annual insurance premium in Indianapolis is about $1,600/year, or roughly $130/month. However, factors like your driving record, the vehicle you own, your address, credit score and other stats might drive this rate up or down.
One of the biggest premium influencers is how much coverage you buy. After all, buying more means paying more. Your objective should be not to buy too much coverage, however. Your Cloverleaf agent can gladly help you choose the right policy, so that your standard and non-standard coverage risks are all insured appropriately.