South Bend, IN Auto Insurance
Residents of South Bend live not only in one of Indiana’s largest cities, but also in a thriving corridor of commercial activity that extends across the state’s northwest, and into the Chicago suburbs. The city is known for its cultural attractions, proximity to the University of Notre Dame and its affordability.
Most people find the city easily accessible and navigable, but that doesn’t mean its roadways pose no safety risks. Responsible residents therefore need auto insurance at all times. Cloverleaf Insurance can make it easy for you to find that coverage with minimal hassle.
We offer car insurance policies from top-rated insurers, and our belief is that everyone should be able to receive coverage that is both effective and budget friendly. We insure standard, non-standard and SR-22 drivers, so when you come to us you have the guarantee that we will meet all your policy needs.;
Call us at (800) 530-5822 or fill out an online quote form to get started today!
Common South Bend Car Insurance Questions
A well-built auto policy will offer numerous types of coverage that can not only protect the insured driver and their vehicle, but also others on the road. Some of the policies you need to purchase include:
- Comprehensive Coverage: If fire, wind, hail, theft, vandalism or similar incidents damage your car, then this coverage will compensate you for the damage.
- Collision Coverage: When you have a car wreck, this coverage pays for the cost of repairing your car. It can also help you buy a new car if you total the old one.
- Liability Coverage: As an at-fault insurance state, Indiana requires drivers who cause accidents to pay for the damage. Liability coverage can pay for bodily injuries or property damage the insured driver causes to third parties like other drivers.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: If you have a wreck and the other driver is at-fault, but they lack insurance to cover your losses, then this coverage can pay for your damage.
- Personal Injury Protection: If you get hurt in a wreck, this coverage can pay for losses like your medical bills, lost income and rehab costs for both you and your passengers.
By law, all Indiana drivers must carry at least the following coverage:
- $25,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person.
- $50,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident.
- $25,000 property damage liability coverage per accident.
Additionally, your policy will automatically include:
- $25,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage per person
- $50,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage per accident
- $25,000 uninsured motorist property damage coverage
- $50,000 underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage
You can choose to decline the uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage by letting your agent know. You also have the choice to increase your basic liability limits to offer you more protection.
The average annual insurance premium in South Bend is about $1,100/year, or roughly $90/month. All the same, multiple factors can influence your individual rates. These might include the age, make and model of your vehicle, your driving record, accident history, credit score and other factors.
The amount and type of coverage you choose will also impact your rates. Usually, the more coverage you buy, the more you will pay. Still, your Cloverleaf agent can help you balance your coverage costs with appropriate discounts and savings incentives.