Cloverleaf Insurance
Cloverleaf Insurance Get A Quote


Subheader Auto Insurance Home Insurance SR22 Motorcycle Insurance Renters Insurance

Renters InsuranceIf you've purchased a car, you know that auto insurance is a subsequent requirement. If you or someone you know has bought a house, you know that the mortgage lender will likely require home insurance. But what about renting? If you're renting a place to live, are you required to get renters insurance?

In many cases, renters insurance isn't required; however, it's highly recommended. Your landlord will likely have coverage to protect the property and building structures from damages. But their coverage does not extend to your personal belongings.

Let's say, for example, a fire burned through your apartment building. The landlord's insurance would cover the damage to the building and anything that was already there when you moved in, such as light fixtures and kitchen appliances. However, you are responsible for your furniture, clothing, electronics, artwork and everything else that you brought in to the space.

The average renter owns between $15,000 and $30,000 worth of possessions. If you experienced a loss, could you afford replacements? That's where renters insurance comes in. While it may not be legally required, it can sure help soften the financial blow of a severe loss.

Additionally, even though state laws do not require renters to buy insurance, some landlords will ask you to provide proof of coverage as a condition of the lease. It's important that you understand the lease terms before signing, which can prevent future disputes.

Still not sure if renters insurance is right for you? It may help to learn that this coverage is considered one of the most inexpensive forms of insurance you can buy. Call your independent insurance agent for a quote and see how affordable it is to get this valuable protection.

We've got you covered. Call Cloverleaf Insurance at (800) 530-5822 for more information on the renters insurance policies we offer.
Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive

View Mobile Version
Contact UsContact Us  
Motorcycle InsucanceMotorcycle Insurance

Missouri, Illinois,
Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin

Please Enter Zip Code Above
  Refer A Friend
Illinois Rater for Renters Insurance
We are licensed in the following states for SR22 & non-standard auto insurance: Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Oklahoma and Texas.
Home   |    About Us   |    Get A Quote   |    Contact Us
Cloverleaf Insurance BlogOur Blog
Cloverleaf Insurance NewsletterJoin Our Newsletter
Read more > Connect With Us Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ YelpRSS
Powered by Insurance Website Builder