Auto Insurance quotes from multiple carriers. Get Quotes
Home insurance that fits every size home and every home value. Get Quotes
Take care of the ones you love by getting Life Insurance. Get Quotes
SR-22 Insurance Get Quotes
Home/Renters Insurance Get Quotes
Renters Insurance Get Quotes
Low price. High value. Great service. Get Quotes

Auto InsuranceIt's no surprise that car accidents are a hassle to deal with, especially if you're hit by a driver who doesn't have required coverage. But it's an unfortunate fact that some drivers aren't adequately covered, despite state laws regarding auto insurance. Some people still go uninsured or underinsured, meaning that they either do not own a policy or own a policy with low limits that don't fully cover an at-fault incident.

In Illinois, drivers are required to purchase auto insurance that includes coverage for uninsured or underinsured motorists (known as UM or UIM coverage). So if you adhere to state laws, you'll be covered if you wind up in an incident where the at-fault driver cannot cover the injuries and damages you suffer. This may include car accidents with other vehicles, along with hit-and-run, pedestrian and cyclist incidents in which the at-fault driver cannot be identified.

While uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is required in Illinois, the minimum coverage limits may not be sufficient to meet your needs. Be sure to speak with your independent insurance agent to ensure you're adequately covered. As for the state-mandated requirements, they include coverage limits of at least $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident.

So let's say you're involved in an accident with an at-fault driver who has minimal coverage and you suffer a broken leg and totaled car. Once the liability limits of the driver's policy are exceeded, your underinsured motorist coverage can kick in to pay the remaining balance of your damages, including medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.

To ensure that you not have not only the state-required auto insurance coverage, but also enough coverage to protect your family's finances, call your independent insurance today for personalized assistance.

We've got you covered. Call Cloverleaf Insurance at (800) 530-5822 for more information on Illinois auto insurance.
Share |


Jon A. Lafferty said...
Thank you for your article. I found this useful.
Jon A. Lafferty,Uninsured Motorist Claims Attorney Archbold, OH
TUESDAY, JANUARY 31 2017 7:01 AM

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2020
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012
  • 2011

View Mobile Version
American Modern
The General